March 16, 2011

Goals

I've been doing a lot of self-reflection lately and have actually progressed to applying my thoughts and desires to achieve what I want. I realize life is so incredibly short and I have questioned my existence and wondered what is life really about?

You grow up, go to school, graduate, get a job, get married and have kids. Now that I have experienced all those I have come to a point where I thought "this is it?", "this is life?!!?". Struggling paycheck to paycheck living unhappily (with myself), unsatisfied, and so unfulfilled. Don't get me wrong I am not at all saying anything against my husband, children, family or friends. Its introspective people.

I am at a point in my life where it has never been more real to me that my existence is simply to bring glory to God in everything I do. I will never be fully satisfied away from Him. Plain and simple. Everything else is extras, gifts, blessings, and tools to help me accomplish that. Singer Plumb hit it on the nail with her lyrics in the song God-Shape Hole.

Every point of view has another angle
And every angle has its merit
But it all comes down to faith
Thats the way I see it

You can say that love is not divine and
You can say that life is not eternal
"All we have is now"
But I don't believe it

There's a God-shaped hole in all of us
And the restless soul is searching
There's a God-shaped hole in all of us
And it's a void only he can fill


Does the world seem gray with empty longing
Wearing every shade of cynical
And do you ever feel that
There is something missing?

That's my point of view...

 


Since the new year I have been goal making. Not because of New Years, just a coincidence. I am SO excited for this life. I REALIZE how quickly it goes and don't want to waste a second. So now, I share with you some of my goals for the year: (My life goals are for another post.)


Run a half marathon. My goal is to run the Des Moines Half Marathon October 16th. I do not plan to start official training til the summer as I am currently busy doing P90X every day! But I still run of course because I love it :)


Read my Bible through in a year (chronologically). Unfortunately I am 1 month behind. But its something I hope to accomplish this year. I am wishing I would have actually told people because I think it could have been a huge help to be accountable up to this point. Oh well, I just have to keep on keeping on. I figure reading 2 days worth will get me caught up eventually.


Finish P90X. May 29th should be my last day. I can't wait. I am going to feel so accomplished. It is SO difficult and I just think its a pretty big deal folks :) I plan to move on from P90X to another work out program. Either Turbo Fire or Insanity. I haven't decided.

Finish decorating our bedroom. This goal isn't really something that is of huge value but I do think its important to an extent. Its important because its something my husband desires. He deserves a room where he can relax and feel cozy in after a long day of work. I have put it off and put other rooms and projects before this and that just isn't fair. He works so hard for us so its only fair that I fulfill his want. I have to admit I am pretty darn excited to get our room put together! Trip to Ikea in Minnesota this weekend to get a bookshelf. Can't wait.


What goals do you have? Are you getting closer to achieving them?

No comments: