March 24, 2011

Book Shelf from IKEA

Had my very first trip to IKEA. If you don't know what IKEA is, shame on you. Just kidding :-) Its this gi-normous store (Swedish to be exact aka my heritage), that has all sorts of lovely furniture, decorations, practical things for the home, and food! I have had my eye on a particular bookshelf now for I'd say almost a year. Shipping is WAY overpriced so it was a matter of time before I could get my hands on it. :-)


It was an AWESOME girls trip that I took with 4 of my girl cousins. We had such a blast eating cinnamon rolls and sipping coffee on the way up, laughing so hard at stories during lunch, chatting so much that a line formed behind us while waiting for the elevator because we forgot to press the button (that one still cracks me up), and we topped it off with dinner at Chili' (my favorite restaurant! Triple Dipper every time= soo good). We made so many memories it was a blast. 

Anyways, back to the point. I wanted to share a few ideas I found  of the book shelf I got. Here are my inspirations.


This first one is my favorite set up that I have seen.


This last one isn't the exact book shelf, this was one of our inspirations for decorating it.       




We plan on utilizing more for actually storing books however, since my husband is a HUGE reader and I am just "a" reader :-) If that makes sense. I LOVE how our room is coming together. Its exactly what I pictured.

I feel as if I am just now learning what my style of decorating is. Kind of a bummer because there are a lot of furniture pieces and textiles that aren't really "me" and I wish I could re-do them. Oh well! :-) You live and learn right? 

I will post pictures of our bedroom soon. Not that its very spectacular or anything, but its something I'm proud of and am starting to feel cozy in :-) Finally.

No comments: