March 25, 2011

P90X Update (Week 4)

So I am a fairly new blogger and I have to be honest I am still trying to figure out what exactly I am going for on this blog :-) I have a couple hobbies that I for sure enjoy posting such as fitness and working out and then also decorating (if you haven't noticed that one! ;-) ) I am also trying to document my P90X journey. I know these subjects are quite different but hey, its who I am :) 

I am currently on week 4 (and 4 days) of P90X. I just realized tonight that I was suppose to be doing the "rest" week the entire week and instead have been doing weeks 1-3 schedule. Ooops! That makes me mad actually but I think I am just going to jump right into weeks 5-7 come Monday. I don't want to finish a week behind. We shall see though!

So you want the raw honest to God truth about P90X thus far? Hating it. Now let me explain... :-) Its just been pretty difficult this week to actually make time for it. So therefor I have been resenting it. Between my random hours of work at the YMCA, mothering my 2 girls (ages 2 and 9 months and VERY busy), and life in general its a lot of work to be disciplined to actually do my work out. I have been FAITHFUL let me just proudly throw that out there right now :-D And one thing is for sure I feel AMAZING after the work out. Its just before and sooometimes during that I really am mad at it ;-) Plus its hard when you want the results your aiming for and you want them NOW so I keep thinking "is this even working?!?" According to my husband, yes it is! ;) So when I say I am hating it, I hope you understand what I mean.


The nutrition guide I am really getting used to and learning to like it. I like how I feel after I eat. No wait, I LOVE how I feel after I eat. Guilt free, bloated free, energized, its so worth it. I have never really been taught anything about health and nutrition (besides at school) so this a whole new world to me. Slowly and surely my kitchen is changing from crap to healthy good foods.

Shakeology has become my daily prize. I eat it for lunch everyday and I must admit I am really loving this stuff. My day is typically busy around lunch (whether for work, or errands) and it is SO incredibly nice to not have to worry about whats for lunch for myself. I don't have to try and scrounge for something nutritious (since we have a limited food budget) and it tastes delicious. I already have my favorite recipes (peanut butter, banana, strawberries, and mocha.. not in that order & separate!)


I am ending this post on a very courageous note for me. I never would have thought I'd be passionate about fitness, but here I am! My life has already changed and is continuing each day because of some of the decisions I have made with Beachbody and deciding to COMMIT to their product. If I can help people in anyway achieve a fitness dream that they have then I will GLADY post some pretty embarrassing pictures of myself. So here I go.


Day 1


No comments: